Adult / Parent Gym Etiquette And Rules
- All parents, members, and non-members must abide by Invictus’ Gym Etiquette.
- Membership must be current, before you or your member can train.
- Please make sure you / your child are on time for class.
- Parents must supervise their children at all times – before and after class.
- If you drop your child off, please pick them up ON-TIME.
- Please understand we are not a daycare. Invictus Staff is not responsible for supervising any siblings or unattended kids.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Running around, yelling, or being disruptive is not permitted.
- Children are NOT allowed in the training area, unless in class with an instructor.
- Make sure your member’s gi/uniform is clean and ready for class. Only Invictus t-shirts may be worn for class.
- Please keep your member home if they are sick; a member will be asked to leave by an instructor if displaying sickness-like symptoms.
- Please do not teach others any moves you might know or have seen. This could be dangerous.
- Parents, members, and non-members are not allowed on the mats before, during, or after classes to teach.
- Don’t yell instructions to your member / child during class. This is a distraction to all students.
- If you’d like to speak with your member / child, please do so during the water breaks.
- Please pick up and properly dispose of any water bottles or snacks, in the trash cans provided.
- Keep cell phones off or on vibrate while class is in session.
- This is a drug / alcohol / smoke-free environment. Anyone under the influence will be asked to leave.
- No weapons of any kind, are permitted in the academy.
- Promotions are based on: Attendance, Knowledge, Application of Techniques, Knowledge of Class Rules, Overall Attitude, etc.
- The day of belt promotions is NOT the day to discuss your member / child’s rank with the instructors or staff.
- Rank Assessment fee must be paid PRIOR to belt promotion to receive belt.
- If you have questions, please make an appointment to discuss them at an appropriate time. Not the day of belt rank promotion.
- Everyone progresses at their own rate. Keep a positive attitude!
Member Gym Etiquette And Rules
- Show respect by bowing when entering and exiting the academy.
- Show respect by bowing before entering and leaving the mat.
- Show respect by bowing before and after class.
- Shoes are NEVER permitted on the mats.
- If late, wait for the instructor’s permission before entering class.
- Always be respectful to your instructors and training partners.
- Address Instructors by: Master, Coach, Sir / Ma’am.
- Come to class with a clean gi/uniform and ready to train.
- Fingernails / toenails must be clipped and long-hair tied back. No Jewelry.
- This is a Bully-Free Zone! Bullying will not be tolerated!
- Speak with your instructor if there’s a problem in class.
- Do not distract other students during class.
- No gum, food, or drinks are allowed on the mat.
- No playing on mats.
- When class has ended, wait for your parents in the hospitality suite.
- Training is a privilege – Come to class and try YOUR best!
- NEVER use your techniques on others, unless it’s a self-defense situation.
Remember belts are earned not given!
General Gym Etiquette And Rules
- No sparring or rolling without an instructor present.
- Invictus Martial Arts is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please leave your valuables at home or in designated gear areas.
- No filming of any classes (pro, adult, or kid) without prior and proper consent.
- No pets of any kind allowed in the facility
- Only certified Invictus instructors from this facility, are allowed to conduct private lessons.
- Do not leave your vehicle overnight in our parking lot. It will be towed.
- Please use front doors when entering and exiting the facility. Do not use side doors unless an emergency.
- Be respectful to all staff, instructors, and other members.
- We strive to keep our facility as clean as possible – please help us keep it that way.
It’s our goal to provide a safe, clean, and fun training environment for all our members.
Please respect the rules. If you have any questions – please speak to our staff.